Joshua D. Schein is a Los Angeles native. Josh began his career with the New York office of Latham & Watkins as a business litigator. After leaving Latham & Watkins, Josh joined the Los Angeles litigation department of Glaser Weil. During his years practicing with Glaser Weil, Josh handled high-end business and entertainment litigation, including a high-profile arbitration representing a major international talent agency and a two-week long trial which resulted in a full defense verdict for the employer client.
Josh joined RosenSaba, LLP, in 2014 and currently represents a wide range of clients from large corporate entities to individuals in business, entertainment, employment, and consumer litigation. Josh has extensive experience in law and motion and complex depositions and discovery.
Josh also has given Certified Legal Education lectures in employment and social media law. He has also twice been a speaker for the Los Angeles Paralegal Association, and was the closing speaker for the 2015 LAPA annual conference.
PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS & REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE
- Successfully SLAPP-ed cause of action for anticipatory breach of contract from cross-complaint and obtained a fees and partial judgment in favor of client.
- Obtained six figure settlement on behalf of client for claims of pregnancy and sex based discrimination against publicly traded clothing retailer before trial.
- Obtained judgment in favor of major motion picture studio against claims by former employee for fraud and employment related claims.
- Summary judgment in favor of publicly traded company upheld on appeal. Claims involved allegations of age discrimination and harassment.
- Arbitration verdict in favor of major talent agency and agent for unpaid participation payments on hit reality television series.
- Full defense verdict for employer against claims of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, after three-week jury trial.
- Favorable settlement in favor of A-list actor and show creator against claims of idea theft for hit television series.
- Settled claim on behalf of major motion picture studio against special effects producer for misappropriation of trade secrets.
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Presentation on 2017 mid-year review on developments California discrimination law (2017).
- Presented MCLE lecture on “Social Media and Litigation (From the First Incriminating Post Through Presentation at Trial)” (2017).
- MCLE presentation for Los Angeles Paralegal Association on California Employee Mobility (2016).
- MCLE presentation on social media discovery for Los Angeles Paralegal Association. (2015).
- Closing Speaker for Los Angeles Paralegal Association Annual Conference and presenter on ethics in preservation of evidence (2015).
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- California State Courts
- Central District of California
- Northern District of California
- New York State Courts
- UCLA School of Law, J.D. May 2008
Roscoe Pound Moot Court Competition Winner (2007); National Moot Court Team Member (2007); UCLA Moot Court Distinguished Advocate (2006-2007); Moot Court Honors Program Member (2006-2007)
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A. in Political Science with Honors & in English, Honors in Political Science Thesis Program.