Tyler C. Vanderpool joined RosenSaba, LLP in 2015 and has emerged as a strong advocate for both individuals and corporate clients in various legal disputes. Tyler’s practice primarily involves personal injury, labor and employment, class action, professional liability, product liability, entertainment, and business matters. Tyler has consistently been recognized as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine and his development as an up-and-coming trial attorney was recently showcased in Nicholas Tusant v. City of Hemet, et al in which he and partner, Ryan D. Saba, obtained the largest personal injury verdict in the state of California in 2020.
Tyler began his legal career as a Business Representative for Residuals Contracts at SAG-AFTRA. During his tenure at SAG-AFTRA, Tyler recovered over $7,000,000 owed to actors and actresses in the entertainment industries. Tyler has also worked as a government relations associate in his home state of Arkansas and, upon admission to the California State Bar, as an attorney at a Los Angeles-based personal injury firm.
While attending Arkansas State University, Tyler was a member of the university’s debate team, during which he won both the 2004 Pi Kappa Delta National Championship and the 2007 Montgomery Cup international championship. While attending Loyola Law School, Tyler was the president of the Entertainment & Sports Law Society, a member of the Entertainment Moot Court Team, and the founding member of the Transactional Negotiation Team. Tyler serves a volunteer judge for debate tournaments, negotiation competitions, and mock trials.
In his spare time, Tyler enjoys spending time with his lovely wife, two son, and two dogs and cheering on the Arkansas State University Red Wolves. Wolves up!
Professional Highlights & Representative Experience
- In 2021, secured a $1.1 million pre-litigation settlement in an employment dispute involving claims of gender/sex pay inequity, discrimination, retaliation, and harassment.
- In 2021, defeated a motion for summary judgment and obtained a policy limits recovery of $1,130,000 arising from a motor vehicle accident in which the plaintiff sustained orthopedic injuries.
- In 2021, obtained a $10 million settlement in a medical malpractice case involving a patient who was paralyzed during a spine surgery.
- In 2020, alongside partner Ryan D. Saba, obtained a $25.6 million dollar jury verdict on behalf of a minor who was severely injured in a city-owned crosswalk. The verdict was ranked the largest personal injury verdict and third overall verdict in California in 2020 by The Daily Journal.
- In 2020, secured a $2.975 million settlement on behalf of an individual who drowned while scuba diving.
- In 2020, received class certification and approval of a $1.45 million settlement in a class action on behalf of over 800 employees against fast food Yoshinoya restaurants for wage violations. The settlement occurred after Tyler successfully defeated two separate dispositive motions and resulted in a change in the current law to the workers’ benefit.
- In 2019, successfully defeated a motion for summary judgment and obtained a high six-figure settlement in a medical malpractice matter on behalf of an individual injured during spine surgery.
- In 2019, prevailed on a motion for summary adjudication of each material affirmative defense asserted by the seller of real property used in the telecommunications industry, immediately resulting in a $950,000 settlement.
- In 2018, prosecuted and obtained a six-figure settlement for an employee of a landlord who was discriminated against for filing a worker’s compensation claim.
- In 2018, successfully obtained a policy limits demand for $1 million for a worker who was severely injured from defective scaffolding.
- In 2018, secured a settlement for a minor who was injured after a light fixture fell and injured her while shopping at a home improvement store.
- In 2017, received a seven-figure settlement in excess of the policy limits for a rider who was suffered a traumatic brain injury during a guided horseback tour.
- In 2017, obtained a $809,860 judgment in favor of a government contractor against a subcontractor for fraud and breach of contract.
- In 2017, pursued and received a high six-figure settlement in a disability discrimination and wrongful termination action against a major fashion retailer.
- In 2017, secured a six-figure settlement on behalf of an employee in the defense contracting industry who suffered retaliation prompting a qui tam action on behalf of the federal government.
- In 2016, earned complete dismissal of a lawsuit for a real estate investment company in a housing discrimination lawsuit.
- From 2011-2015, pursued and obtained over $7,000,000 in residuals recovered for SAG-AFTRA performers for theatrical, television, and new media productions
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Southern California (2019, 2020, 2021)
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys® – Southern California (2020-2021)
- Tyler C. Vanderpool, Clearing hurdles: Preparing for Common Issues in “Dangerous Condition” Cases, CAOC’s Forum Magazine (July 2021)
- Tyler C. Vanderpool & Diana P. Zitser, When Divorces Go Grey, Valley Lawyer Magazine (May 2012)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California (Member, Legislative Committee)
- All California State Courts
- United States District Court – Central District of California
- United States District Court – Northern District of California
- United States District Court – Southern District of California
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles – Juris Doctor (2011)
- Arkansas State University – Master of Arts – Communication Studies (2008)
- Arkansas State University – Bachelor of Arts – Communications Studies (2007)
- Arkansas State University – Bachelor of Arts – Philosophy (2007)