Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information about you when you visit our Site, contact us with questions or seek an employment opportunity at Rosen Saba, LLP: (1) personally identifiable information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, education and employment information), and (2) nonpersonal, aggregate information (such as information regarding the pages on our site you have visited).
Personally Identifiable Information
The only personally identifiable information that Rosen Saba, LLP collects and stores about you is the information that you have chosen to provide to Rosen Saba, LLP. For example, you may submit information by clicking on various links offered on our Site, such as on the “Contact” page, by contacting an individual Rosen Saba, LLP attorney via an e-mail address provided in a hyperlink, or by subscribing to a newsletter or legal alerts. In such instances, Rosen Saba, LLP may collect your name, address, e-mail address and other personal information so that we can respond to your request or question. We also may collect personally identifiable information from you if you apply for a job via our Site.
Nonpersonally Identifiable Information
Rosen Saba, LLP also collects nonpersonally identifiable information about your visit to our Site. This information is aggregated and cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use, and allow certain third parties to use, cookies and other similar technologies to provide our services and to help collect data. We, or third parties, may use session cookies or persistent cookies. Session cookies only last for the specific duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device’s hard drive until you delete them or they expire. Different cookies are used to perform different functions, which we explain below:
- Essential. Some cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Site and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on the type of device you are using.
- Browsing and functionality. These cookies allow us to remember choices you make on the Site, such as your preferred language, and provide enhanced, more personalized features.
- Performance and analytics. We use our own cookies and third party cookies to see how you use our Site in order to enhance their performance and develop them according to your preferences.
There are several ways to manage cookies. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies which are “strictly necessary,” you will not be able to access certain features of our Site.
In the US, the Network Advertising Initiative also offers a means to opt-out of a number of advertising cookies. Please visit www.networkadvertising.org to learn more. Note that opting-out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted-out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your preferences and usage patterns.
Use of Your Information
- Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information
Rosen Saba, LLP uses the personally identifiable information that is collected via its Site primarily for the following purposes:
- To deliver requested information to you, such as sending you newsletters or legal alerts or information regarding educational seminars or other events that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To process your request for employment.
- To complete any other transaction or service requested by you.
If Rosen Saba, LLP collects your personally identifiable information for one of the purposes described above, it may store such information on its servers or in one (or more) of its databases. If you do not want Rosen Saba, LLP to use and store your information in accordance with this policy, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to Rosen Saba, LLP or its attorneys.
- Use of Nonpersonally Identifiable Information
Rosen Saba, LLP uses your nonpersonally identifiable information to manage its Site. Rosen Saba, LLP may analyze the data about visits to the Site to make them more accessible and interesting for visitors. Rosen Saba, LLP may share that data with third parties, usually to provide services for Rosen Saba, LLP associated with the maintenance of the Site.
Legal Bases for Processing
We base the above mentioned processing activities of your personally identifiable information on the following legal bases:
- Processing for the purpose of delivering requested information to you is based on your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 a) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Processing for the purposes of handling requests for employment, completing a transaction requested by you, and notifying you about changes to our policies is necessary to establish and fulfill a contract with you (Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 b) GDPR.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Personally Identifiable Information
Rosen Saba, LLP may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to attend a webinar or other educational seminar advertised or promoted by Rosen Saba, LLP, we may share your personally identifiable information with a third party in order to provide that service to you.
- To process a request made by you. For example, if you apply for a job via our Site, we may share your information with third-party headhunters or other third parties in order to analyze and fulfill your request for employment.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, maintaining and analyzing data and sending customer communications on Rosen Saba, LLP’s behalf). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any purpose other than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Sites will have access to users’ personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to us.
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Rosen Saba, LLP or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
- To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- To track and analyze nonidentifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- Nonpersonally Identifiable Information
We use nonpersonally identifiable information collected on the Site in the manner disclosed above. We may share this nonpersonally identifiable information with third parties.
If you receive an e-mail communication from Rosen Saba, LLP and you would prefer not to receive such an e-mail communication, please either notify the sender of that e-mail or follow the unsubscribe instructions in the e-mail. Rosen Saba, LLP will take reasonable efforts to honor any such request and/or delete your information from its managed databases, if applicable.
Third-Party Web Sites
Bulletin Boards and Blogs
From time to time we may operate bulletin boards and/or blogs that serve to provide visitors with information. You are not required to submit any personal information with a posting on a bulletin board or if you leave a comment on a blog.
International Transfer of Information
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, Rosen Saba, LLP cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to Rosen Saba, LLP is done at your own risk. Rosen Saba, LLP has, however, implemented firewalls to discourage unauthorized access via the Internet.
Your Individual Rights
For residents of the European Union, you may be entitled to ask us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase or restrict its processing, or ask us to transfer some of this information to other organizations. You may also have the right to object to some processing activities and, where we have asked for your consent to process your information, to withdraw this consent. These rights may be limited in some situations, for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your information. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your information even if you withdraw your consent.
We hope we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications, please contact us at email@example.com
For residents of the European Union, in the event you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to a data protection authority.
Special Policy Regarding Information from Children Under 13
Rosen Saba, LLP and its Site are not targeted to children under the age of 13, or 16 in the European Union, and Rosen Saba, LLP does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any child under the age of 13, or 16 in the European Union, without parental consent. If we become aware that such data has been collected, we will delete it.
We hope you enjoy your visit to our Site. If you have any questions about the collection and use of information via our Site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: June 2, 2018