Elizabeth L. Bradley is a career litigator and trial attorney. Her practice consists primarily of prosecuting and defending professional malpractice, employment and general business litigation matters from commencement through trial, arbitration or settlement. In 2020, she was appointed as Chair of PREC, the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee.
Elizabeth’s employment practice includes litigating claims for sexual harassment, other workplace harassment, age discrimination, gender discrimination, race discrimination, disability discrimination, retaliation, among others. She also handles many of the firm’s civil appeals.
Elizabeth began her career in San Diego as a Human Resources professional before entering law school, and carries that valuable experience into her employment law practice. After interning with the California Court of Appeal, Fourth District (Hon. Don Work), she entered private practice. Following several years of practice with litigation firms in the Los Angeles area, in 2005 Elizabeth and her mother formed Bradley & Bradley, LLP, a litigation boutique. She began working with RosenSaba, LLP in 2010 as Special Counsel. In 2015, she became a Partner of the firm.
- In 2019, obtained favorable settlement for J-M Manufacturing Company, Inc. in trial court proceedings after remand by the California Supreme Court following its decision in the closely watched and widely reported attorney ethics case Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, LLP v. J-M Manufacturing Co., Inc. (2018) 6 Cal.5th 59.
- In 2019, successfully opposed appeal of summary judgment entered in favor of real estate defendants in FEHA discrimination and retaliation claim brought by vexatious litigant who claimed he was denied housing by new owner and left “homeless” after receiving $700,000 from prior owner to settle all claims, to vacate the property, and to never attempt to re-rent in the future.
- In 2019, successfully appealed and obtained reversal of order denying nonsuit and subsequent adverse judgment following jury trial of slander per se claim brought against aerospace company by former executive.
- In 2019, the Los Angeles Business Journal selected Elizabeth as a Nominee for its annual Women’s Council & Awards
- In 2019, Elizabeth successfully opposed a petition for writ of supersedeas in the California Court of Appeal after appellants attempted to stay enforcement of a $3.1 million jury verdict obtained by Partner Ryan Saba.
- In 2018, Elizabeth successfully opposed summary judgment in a legal malpractice case against an international law firm.
- In 2017, she obtained summary judgment in a FEHA housing retaliation claim brought by a former tenant, and is defending the judgment on appeal.
- In a 2017 binding arbitration, she obtained a substantial fee award in favor a disability discrimination plaintiff despite the employer’s successful mixed motives defense.
- In 2017, she obtained dismissal in favor of a celebrity client accused of participating in a Ponzi scheme, after a demurrer was sustained without leave to amend.
- In 2016, she secured a favorable settlement in favor of two nurses who sued one of the largest medical centers in Northern California for retaliation after testifying in a prior sexual harassment suit.
- In 2016, she secured a favorable settlement in favor of another nurse who sued the same Northern California medical center for race discrimination and wrongful termination.
- In 2014, she obtained a substantial pre-filing settlement in favor of a teacher who alleged she had been wrongfully terminated based on her age.
- In 2013, Elizabeth and Jim Rosen obtained a $5.7 million jury verdict on age discrimination and wrongful termination claims brought by four minimum wage waitresses.
- In 2013, Elizabeth obtained a dismissal with prejudice in exchange for a waiver of costs after the protracted defense of an employee mobility and trade secrets claim brought against a lease acquisition company.
- In 2009, Elizabeth obtained summary judgment in favor of a major energy company in a gender discrimination action, and successfully defended the judgment on appeal resulting in the frequently cited decision Henderson v. Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (2010) 187 Cal.App.4th 215.
- In 2009, Elizabeth won a $1.2 million judgment in a lengthy bench trial between business partners, and obtained non-suit on a multi-million dollar cross-complaint.
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Seeking Quantum Meruit Recovery in the Aftermath of Sheppard Mullin: Be Careful What You Wish For, Los Angeles County Bar Association Update (October, 2020)
- Speaker, Everyone Needs an Expert – Effective and Ethical Use of Expert Witnesses, California Lawyers Association 2020 Annual Meeting (September, 2020)
- Speaker, Ethics & Coronavirus, Legal Professionals, Inc. Day of Education (August, 2020)
- Limiting the Scope of Representation: Times of Crisis Call for Heightened Caution, California Lawyers Association Practitioner (2020)
- When Does a Representation Against a Subsidiary of a Current Client Constitute a Conflicted Representation? Los Angeles County Bar Association Digital Publication (February/March 2020)
- Limited Scope Representation: A Trap for the Unwary. Los Angeles Lawyer (March, 2020)
- Speaker, “A How to Guide to Conflict Checks & Conflict Waivers,” LACBA’s 15th Annual Ethics Symposium (January, 2020)
- Panelist, LACBA President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Profession’s USC Gould School of Law Outreach Program (October, 2019)
- Elizabeth co-moderated LACBA’s President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession’s “Pursuing Your First Professional Position” event co-sponsored by Loyola Law School’s Civil Justice Program (February, 2019)
- Speaker, Navigating the New Rules of Professional Conduct, LACBA’s 14th Annual Ethics Symposium (January, 2019)
- Don’t Buy a Yacht with Client Trust Funds and Other Practical Reminders Concerning Client Funds and Property. Los Angeles County Bar Association Update Digital Publication
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun(damental Workplace Rights), Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles Newsletter (January, 2018)
- Speaker, Los Angeles Paralegal Association Conference on California’s Non-Competition Laws (2016)
- Speaker, Discovery and Mediation in Civil Litigation, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Right to Privacy Issues in Reality Television Programming and Talent Agreements, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (APRL)
- California Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- California Women Lawyers
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- California Minority Counsel Program
BOARD AND COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- California Lawyers Association Ethics Committee (Founding Member, 2019-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee (Chair 2020-2021; Vice-Chair, 2019-2020; Secretary, 2018-2019; Member, 2017-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession (2017-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Diversity Committee (2017-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member Litigation Section, Labor and Employment Section, Appellate Court Section
- American Bar Association, Member Center for Professional Responsibility, Member Section of Litigation Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Member of Board of Governors
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Chair of Resolutions Committee
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Delegate to State Bar Conference of Delegates
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Chair of Solo/Small Firm/Law Practice Management Section
- All California State Courts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for Central District of California
- United States District Court for Northern District of California
- United States District Court for Southern District of California
- California Western School of Law (1994)
- University of San Diego (1989)