Elizabeth L. Bradley is a career litigator and trial attorney. Her practice consists primarily of prosecuting professional malpractice, employment and general business litigation matters from commencement through trial, arbitration or settlement. She is certified by the State Bar of California as a legal malpractice specialist. Elizabeth was recently appointed by the State Bar of California’s Board of Trustees to serve a four-year term on its standing Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct (COPRAC), commencing in September 2021. COPRAC addresses matters involving professional ethics, such as by drafting advisory opinions on issues of professional ethics, and studying and recommending changes to the Rules of Professional Conduct. Elizabeth is a current and founding member of the CLA Ethics Committee, and serves on the Central District of California’s Standing Committee on Discipline. In July 2023, she will start a two-year term as the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Vice President of Diversity, Inclusion & Outreach. She also serves on LACBA’s Diversity in the Profession Section Executive Committee, the President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Profession, and is past chair of LACBA’s Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee. She is also serving a second term as Trustee of the Mexican American Bar Association.
Elizabeth’s employment practice includes litigating claims for sexual harassment, other workplace harassment, age discrimination, gender discrimination, race discrimination, disability discrimination, retaliation, among others. She also handles many of the firm’s civil appeals.
Elizabeth began her career in San Diego as a Human Resources professional before entering law school, and carries that valuable experience into her employment law practice. After interning with the California Court of Appeal, Fourth District (Hon. Don Work), she entered private practice. Following several years of practice with litigation firms in the Los Angeles area, in 2005 Elizabeth and her mother formed Bradley & Bradley, LLP, a litigation boutique. She began working with RosenSaba, LLP in 2010 as Special Counsel. In 2015, she became a Partner of the firm.
- In 2022, obtained affirmance by Ninth Circuit of summary judgment entered in favor of defendants in federal antitrust action that alleged a monopoly on fuel sales at the Hawthorne Airport.
- In 2022, obtained seven figure settlement for client in legal malpractice claim against national labor & employment firm.
- In 2021, successfully vacated both a 2016 judgment worth $1 million improperly entered under C.C.P. section 664.6, and an order adding client as a judgment debtor under an alter ego theory.
- In 2021, obtained affirmance on appeal of $3.1 million jury verdict obtained by Ryan Saba in action against client’s former officers and a competing nurse staffing company, for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and unfair business practices.
- In 2020, obtained reversal on appeal of a trial court order disqualifying counsel in PAGA action.
- In 2019, obtained favorable settlement for J-M Manufacturing Company, Inc. in trial court proceedings after remand by the California Supreme Court following its decision in the closely watched and widely reported attorney ethics case Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, LLP v. J-M Manufacturing Co., Inc. (2018) 6 Cal.5th 59.
- In 2019, obtained affirmance on appeal of summary judgment obtained in favor of real estate defendants in FEHA discrimination and retaliation claim.
- In 2019, obtained reversal on appeal of order denying nonsuit and subsequent adverse judgment following jury trial of slander per se claim brought against aerospace company by former executive.
- In 2019, the Los Angeles Business Journal selected Elizabeth as a Nominee for its annual Women’s Council & Awards
- In 2013, Elizabeth and Jim Rosen obtained a $5.7 million jury verdict on age discrimination and wrongful termination claims brought by four minimum wage waitresses.
- In 2009, Elizabeth obtained summary judgment in favor of a major energy company in a gender discrimination action, and successfully defended the judgment on appeal resulting in the frequently cited decision Henderson v. Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (2010) 187 Cal.App.4th 215.
- In 2009, Elizabeth won a $1.2 million judgment in a lengthy bench trial between business partners, and obtained non-suit on a multi-million dollar cross-complaint.
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2023 “Southern California Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2022 and 2023 Daily Journal “Top Professional Responsibility Lawyers” in California
- 2022 and 2021 Lawdragon “500 Leading Plaintiff Employment & Civil Rights Lawyers” in the United States
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Moderator, Diversity on the Judiciary, LACBA Diversity & Inclusion Conference (April 2023)
- Speaker/Moderator, Diversity and Ethics, LACBA Diversity & Inclusion Conference (April 2023)
- Speaker, Top 10 Myths About In-House Ethics, American Bar Association Litigation Section, Corporate Counsel Committee (June 2021)
- Relaxed Requirements in Amended Code of Civil Procedure Section 664.5 Carry Risk of Professional Discipline, Los Angeles County Bar Association Update (June 2021)
- Spotlight on Ethics: Get Client Consent to Limit the Scope of Representation, California Lawyers Association, CLA eNews (November, 2020)
- Seeking Quantum Meruit Recovery in the Aftermath of Sheppard Mullin: Be Careful What You Wish For, Los Angeles County Bar Association Update (October, 2020)
- Speaker, Everyone Needs an Expert – Effective and Ethical Use of Expert Witnesses, California Lawyers Association 2020 Annual Meeting (September, 2020)
- Speaker, Ethics & Coronavirus, Legal Professionals, Inc. Day of Education (August, 2020)
- Limiting the Scope of Representation: Times of Crisis Call for Heightened Caution, California Lawyers Association Practitioner (2020)
- When Does a Representation Against a Subsidiary of a Current Client Constitute a Conflicted Representation? Los Angeles County Bar Association Digital Publication (February/March 2020)
- Limited Scope Representation: A Trap for the Unwary. Los Angeles Lawyer (March, 2020)
- Speaker, “A How to Guide to Conflict Checks & Conflict Waivers,” LACBA’s 15th Annual Ethics Symposium (January, 2020)
- Panelist, LACBA President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Profession’s USC Gould School of Law Outreach Program (October, 2019)
- Elizabeth co-moderated LACBA’s President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession’s “Pursuing Your First Professional Position” event co-sponsored by Loyola Law School’s Civil Justice Program (February, 2019)
- Speaker, Navigating the New Rules of Professional Conduct, LACBA’s 14th Annual Ethics Symposium (January, 2019)
- Don’t Buy a Yacht with Client Trust Funds and Other Practical Reminders Concerning Client Funds and Property. Los Angeles County Bar Association Update Digital Publication
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun(damental Workplace Rights), Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles Newsletter (January, 2018)
- Speaker, Los Angeles Paralegal Association Conference on California’s Non-Competition Laws (2016)
- Speaker, Discovery and Mediation in Civil Litigation, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Speaker, Right to Privacy Issues in Reality Television Programming and Talent Agreements, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers (APRL)
- California Lawyers Association
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles
- California Women Lawyers
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association, Lifetime Member
BOARD AND COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (July 2023-June 2025)
- Central District of California Standing Committee on Discipline (2023-2025)
- State Bar of California Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct (COPRAC) (Member, September 2021-2025)
- California Lawyers Association Ethics Committee (Founding Member, 2019-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee (Chair 2020-2021; Vice-Chair, 2019-2020; Secretary, 2018-2019; Member, 2017-present)
- Mexican American Bar Association (Trustee 2022 and 2023; Chair, Judicial Pipeline Program (2023), Co-Chair, Judicial Endorsement Committee (2023), High School Scholarship Committee (2022, 2023), Co-Chair, Political Endorsement Committee 2022)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association President’s Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession (2017-present)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Diversity in the Profession Section (Member, Executive Committee 2021-present) (formerly the Diversity Committee, Member, 2017-2020)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member Litigation Section, Labor and Employment Section, Appellate Court Section
- American Bar Association, Member Center for Professional Responsibility, Member Section of Litigation Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Member of Board of Governors
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Chair of Resolutions Committee
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Delegate to State Bar Conference of Delegates
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Past Chair of Solo/Small Firm/Law Practice Management Section
- All California State Courts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for Central District of California
- United States District Court for Northern District of California
- United States District Court for Southern District of California
- California Western School of Law (1994)
- University of San Diego (1989)